Through out my whole life I never thought I'd be so crazy about someone. I never thought I would ever open up my heart the way I do with this little ball of sunshine. My Sunshine.
I remember being in Italian Class when I got the call from the loud speaker to go down to the office. At first I was confused, wondering what could have been so important that I was pulled out of class for. Upon arriving I was told by the woman behind the front desk that my older sister was going into labor and my mother was on her way to pick me up. My cheeks flushed and I felt my heart bursting in joy. I was finally becoming an aunt.
Once my mother arrived, we picked up and left for New York. The car ride in my opinion took forever, or it might have been the overwhelming wash of desperation consuming me. I didn't want to wait an hour and a half to arrive, I just wanted to somehow orb myself to my sister's aid right away-fast forward till I finally held my niece in my arms. The day now, I remember vaguely. I remember the heat breezing around without a hint of wind, I remember being tired and flustered with anxiety. I remember staring at my sister's belly every five minutes and chanting to myself-hurry up little baby, I'm waiting. I couldn't remember the last time I ever felt so happy, so excited for this gift.
Now this little baby was stubborn, I had spent the whole day with my mother, my aunt and my sister Melissa walking around New York until the hospital was convinced the baby was ready to come out. I walked into a local store to buy a bottle of water when I heard the plea of my mother to hurry; this was it...it was time. At the hospital I was nervous and night already presented itself. I was a mess, physically and emotionally. Now let me tell you walking around New York in intense heat is never easy, and to be quite honest I didn't smell too pleasant either by the end of the night. We stood in the waiting room-waiting for any news about Melissa. It was then brought to our attention that the baby had the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and she was going to have to be taken to emergency C-Section.
Hours...hours...hours...hours...hours passed and I began getting nervous. I cried, and prayed for everything to turn out okay. I didn't care that I looked a mess, I didn't care that I smelled like a two year old who hadn't been changed yet, I didn't care that everyone in the waiting room stared at me-I just wanted to see my sister and my niece. Hours...hours...hours...hours...finally.
"Name her Genesis..it's the first book of the bible, and it's definitely a miracle that child is alive. She's a blessing." My mother said, the tight little bundle wrapped tightly in her arms.
And so it was, this beautiful angel, this blessing, this miracle of life.
Genesis.
I would do anything and everything for you. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment